Do not navigate away from this page or close your browser whilst your request is being processed
The Romantic Tourist Ltd is a UK registered company and operates the website www.theromantictourist.com.
(1) What information does the Romantic Tourist Ltd collect and retain?
We only collect information from you if you have:
Consented to it; by creating an account with us OR opted into our mailing list through our website
Consented to it; by using the website to request holiday information, quotations and similar information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and details);
information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; any other information that you choose to send to us;
Note: We DO NOT keep Credit or Debit card information. This information is held securely by Data Guard Ltd for use by the Hotel or other company providing the accommodation or event.
We may use your personal information to:
administer the website;
improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
enable your use of the services available on the website;
enable your use of the services available on the website;
send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
provide third parties with statistical information about our users ? but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
(6) Security of your personal information We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(8) Your rights and subject access requests
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) the right to be informed about what personal information is being held and used; (ii) the right to access the personal information we hold about you (iii) the right to correct or request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you (iv) the right to erase the data we hold about you (subject to legal requirements)(v) to request the blocking of the processing of your data for marketing purposes.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights noted above through a Subject Access Request then please send your request to the Data Protection Officer at The Romantic Tourist using the e-mail address Privacy@theromantictourist.com. To comply with your request, we will need you to undertake the following:
Supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
You can also view and amend your own details by logging into your personal account, which will show al the data we hold about you. If you have forgotten your login details, please request them from Privacy@theromantictourist.com
If you have any questions or complaints about the way that your information is being used, please contact us using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us addressing your comments to the Data Protection Officer who will deal with your issue.
(9) Third party websites; This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(12) Registered Business data: The data we hold on registered companies is maintained; in the contracts we hold or for legitimate interest purposes in order to allow us to update companies on the products and services available from us (an opt out is always available in this latter case)